M&A Founder/Owner Valuation Strategy
No exit plan for business owner. Toronto-based $1.8M revenue Managed Services owner/President wants to start planning exit to occur in 3 – 8 years. However, change capacity is limited as owner and staff are fully engaged by day-day operations.
Integration Professionals facilitated a series of meetings with management, current advisors, and prospective service providers. We created a portfolio of opportunities with accompanying attributes of cost, difficulty to implement, benefits, and time required. A three-year timeline was developed to make changes in several areas. Several items did not make the cut such as developing AI-based products and upgrading the contact centre management software.
Integration Professionals acted as the central point of contact representing the business owner and set-up cadence of weekly working sessions plus review meetings for each of the workstreams.
- Increase revenue and gain operational efficiencies with horizontal acquisition(s)
- Upgrade online sales and customer service
- Build brand with social media program
- Implement ERP for financial reporting
- Search for President and Sales Manager
- Completed three acquisitions, consolidating 4 offices into 2, in nine months, growing revenue 5x.
- Completed website redesign to improve design and functionality. Inbound customer service enquiries dropped 35% by month 3 after launch.
- Outsourced Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn social media campaigns with daily posting on themes of branding, product information, diversity. Initiative took 3 months to complete.
- Implemented Finance module of (Microsoft Dynamics) ERP software leading to separation of owner and business expenses and significant improvement in organization of books and records.